Water Damage Dos & Don’ts
Because of the severe winter weather in Glenview, your home may be susceptible to water damage. With that said, what are the steps you should do upon experiencing water damage? ServiceMaster Cleaning & Restoration Pro have some expert tips for you just in case you have a water damage emergency:
- Contact ServiceMaster Cleaning & Restoration Pro. We are open 24/7 for all of your water damage restoration needs.
- Remove items that are not attached to the floor, such as rugs and coffee tables.
- Take measures such as blotting or mopping to remove as much water as you can.
- Lift curtains off of the floor.
- Place foil under heavy furniture that you can’t remove.
- Relocate any valuables that could be damaged by humidity or water – photos, jewelry, artwork, etc.
- Tightly pack books on shelves and place pressure on them to prevent warping
- Open and aerate all closed-off areas, such as drawers, cabinets and closets.
- There’s no need to be shocked (literally) – Avoid entering a room with standing water until you have turned off all electricity.
- Avoid entering a room that has a sagging roof or ceiling due to water.
- Don’t remove permanent carpet.
- Don’t use electrical appliances while standing on wet ground.
- Avoid coming into contact with any mold.
- Don’t turn on the lights in a room that may have water damage.
- Don’t use a vacuum to clean up the water.
If you have a water damage emergency, ServiceMaster Cleaning & Restoration Pro is standing by to provide expert services. Our highly trained technicians proudly serve the Glenview area with the best possible water damage restoration and flooding services in the industry. Heed to these dos and don’ts, and call us today: 847-724-9800